Raw Beetroot & Carrot Cake – Gluten & Dairy Free
It is so good to have a cake that you can rely on to please everyone whether or not they eat gluten or dairy. This raw cake is delicious and the ingredients listed will make 9 large servings or these can be split to provide 18 smaller serves. Try to use organic or spray free ingredients where possible, especially for the grated beetroot & carrots.
Raw Beetroot & Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 1 large grated beetroot
- 3 cups/450 gm grated carrot
- 2 cups/120 gm shredded Coconut flesh
- 1 cup/150 gm walnuts
- 1 cup/100 gm pitted dates
- ½ cup/75 gm raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
Cashew Vanilla Topping Ingredients
- ¾ cup/115 gm cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp sweetener such as maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- A little water to help blend the topping
- Place all cake ingredients except the beetroot and carrot into a blender and blend until they start to break down.
- Separate this blended mixture into two equal parts.
- Blend one part with 2/3 of the carrots until well combined and layer into a square baking tray or similar container.
- Blend the other part with the remaining carrot and all the beetroot and layer on top of the carrot layer.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on a low heat and then blend all of the topping ingredients together until a smooth paste adding a little water as required to give the desired consistency.
- Spread the topping over the layered cake base and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Cut the cake to your desired portion size and serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt. This makes a substantial and really delicious cake or dessert treat that all the family will enjoy. Please let us know what you, your family and friends think of this delicious raw beetroot & carrot cake.
Always looking out for interesting recipes, Edith and Tim at CoolWellbeing Foundation
Other recipes you might like