Gluten Dairy Free Date Slice
Easy quick Tumeric Date Slice Recipe (8 serves)
This is a very healthy, delicious, raw, guilt-free, and gluten dairy free date slice that you can make in under 10 minutes. Perfect as a last minute simple dessert that can be setting in the fridge or freezer while you eat your main course.
It is packed full of good quality fats and protein, and many active healthy components from the tumeric, cinnamon and nutmeg. So delicious that the gluten dairy free date slices will not last long!!
Ingredients – Base
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup pepita (pumpkin) seeds
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg powder
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs coconut milk
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 3/4 cup cacao melts (or substitute 100gm organic 70%+ dark chocolate bar)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Raw honey to taste
- Add shredded coconut and pepita seeds to food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Add dates and blend again until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix again.
- Line a cake tin with backing paper, press the mixture evenly into it and place in the fridge while preparing the topping.
- Add the cacao melts (or dark chocolate) and coconut oil to a saucepan on a very low heat and stir while melting. Remove from heat and if needed stir in raw honey to taste.
- Take mixture from fridge, pour chocolate topping over and return to fridge (or freezer if needed immediately) to harden.
Remove the set cake from the tin and using a knife warmed under hot water, cut off the desired number of slices. The quantities above should provide 8 good size gluten dairy free date slices. You can of course cut these into smaller portions to serve with some fruit of your choice or to enjoy on their own as a snack.
Each gluten dairy free date slice can be eaten on their own, with fruit or served with coconut yoghurt or coconut ice-cream. If you do eat dairy, they are also delicious with kefir (fermented milk) either store bought or home made.
Enjoy each gluten dairy free date slice while they last! But they are so simple to make, you can always make some more!
Some more treats you might enjoy:-