toxic load on our children

An important part of the treatment process is reducing the general toxic load.  Let us explain what can contribute to the general toxic load of a person.  Anything we eat- for example foods heavily sprayed with pesticides. Next, the air we breathe- particularly if you are living in the middle of a large city and exposed to all the exhaust fumes.  Furthermore, the products we touch or put on our skin can also contribute to our general toxic load.

In a person suffering from ‘Gut and Psychology Syndrome’ (GAPS), his or her gut is the major overload of toxicity, which is overloading the system to breaking point, where it can no longer function and consequently starts to misbehave, resulting in constipation and other digestive issues coupled with bad behavior.

It is sensible to reduce the toxic overload in people who suffer from GAPS, but also in everyone else who wishes to remain healthy. This can be done by looking at the various different contributing sources to toxic overload.

Let us now take a look at how we can minimize the toxic overload of a person with GAPS:

. Nutrition – stick to eating organic produce.

. Personal care products – these can be toxic so don’t always trust labels which state that the product is organic, as these labels can be very misleading.

. General household cleaning materials – these can also be very toxic – replace them with safe bio-degradable products.

. New furniture – can ‘outgas’ a plethora of extremely toxic chemicals for up to 6 months. They are a great cause of antimony (a toxic metal) in our systems.

. New carpets – the same applies here. They can outgas a formidable amount of carcinogenic formaldehyde for a few years.

. New paint – try and redecorate when the patient is away from home.

All the above can contribute to the toxic overload in people with GAPS.  Dr. Campbell-McBride states the case of a mother who phoned her in a panic one day after the painters came to redecorate their house.  Her son, who suffered from autism and epilepsy, had a major epileptic fit.  They concluded that what triggered the fit was the toxicity caused by the new paint.  Epilepsy, in the majority of the cases, particularly in children is caused by toxicity.

So let us pay attention to our personal habits and our environment – hopefully we can then negotiate the toxic soup we are living in with a minimal amount of effort.

 

The information written here has been taken from Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride’s book, “Gut and Psychology Syndrome”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>