Delicious Easter Treat – Bounty Bites
As we settle in for a long weekend and a welcome break with family and friends over Easter, here is a delicious Easter treat of bite size Bounty bars. Enjoy this sweet treat instead of some of the not so great Easter chocolate on sale in the shops.
Makes: Approximately 24 bounty bites
- 1 cup organic coconut cream
- 3 tbsp organic raw honey
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 150 grams organic cacao butter
- 1 ½ cup raw organic cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey (depending on desired sweetness)
- 5 tbsp organic butter
What to do:
1. Place the coconut cream and honey in a medium saucepan. Over low heat, gradually add the desiccated coconut, stirring gently until combined.
2. Line a flat square baking tray or dish with baking paper.
3. Remove mixture from heat and pour mixture evenly into the baking tray or dish so that mixture is approximately 1.5cm – 2cm thick.
4. Place in freezer for several hours until set (the longer the better).
1. Approximately 5 minutes before coconut filling has set and is ready to use, place cacao butter in a medium saucepan and heat on low until melted. It is important that you do not overheat.
2. Add the cacao powder and honey, stirring gently.
3. Gradually add the required amount of butter. Depending on the consistency, you may wish to add more butter. Stir through gently until consistency is smooth and not too thin.
4. Remove coconut filling from freezer and carefully chop into bite-size pieces (soaking a knife in hot water may make this process easier).
5. Carefully pour the chocolate into a separate bowl and coat each bounty bar in chocolate (be careful as the chocolate may be hot!)
6. Place the bounty bites into your freezer until set. You may prefer to place them in your refrigerator.
7. Once set, remove from freezer.
8. Bon appetite!
*Try to use organic ingredients where possible as well as support your local farmers.
**We recommend eating this only occasionally as a sweet treat. Where possible, reduce the amount of honey in order to reduce the overall sugar content.
Happy Easter to you and your family, Edith and Tim at CoolWellbeing Foundation
Related recipes you might like:-